[Dixielandjazz] -ize and -ise

Rev M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 14 20:46:27 PDT 2003

> Hollywood distorts our own  history as well as England's, Pat.
>
> An high level English barrister was here and said that the last thing that
> American courts wanted to get at was the truth.  The same thing can be said
> of Hollywood...the last thing that Hollywood wants to portray is the truth.
>
> Jim Beebe

Which reminds me of the time I saw John Cleese asked by an American
interviewer what he thought the difference between America and England
really amounted to.  His answer, quoted from memory, was:

1) We speak English, and you don't.
2) When England hosts an international sporting event, we actually
invite other countries to participate.
3) When we English reverence our sovereign, we go down on only one knee.

I know: several presidential scandals back, but still timely,
--
Etc,

Rev M J "Mike" Logsdon, Deacon
http://www.naorc.org