[Dixielandjazz] A little diplomacy please - whisky

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Fri Sep 12 16:56:35 PDT 2003

Should we address the difference in respect musicians get in the other parts
of the world vis-a-vis America while on the subject of diplomacy?
Admitting to be a jazz musician in my home country and $1.00 may get me a
cup of coffee in the USA.  On my last trip to London, admitting the same was
worth all the free Guinness I could hold and then some at any pub I visited.
That's why I'm staying in the good ol' USA these days.   That much
appreciation can be detrimental to your health!  Dick B