[Dixielandjazz] Spam

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 11 14:45:19 PDT 2003

One useful program which allows you to see, read and if necessary, delete,
mail before it is downloaded from your server is the freebie MailWasher
www.mailwasher.net

It also has the facility to bounce mails back at the sender as if your
e-address does not exist. This is of limited use given that most spam
sending addresses had been 'stolen' or do not exist. It also only adds to
an already creaking Internet system. But as previewing and filter system
I've used it for about a year and find it useful if a bit slow with blocks
of 100+ mails per day which I sometimes get.

Whether it works with AOL I can't say, but then, aren't they supposed to
already have a built in spam trap in their system ?
~=~
 John,
        Suffolk, England.
                    ?