[Dixielandjazz] A little diplomacy please - whisky

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Wed Sep 10 14:38:05 PDT 2003

>    "John Farrell" <stridepiano at tesco.net> wrote:
>    a) It is not Scottish Whiskey, Scotch is the correct word.

Yes, and to a Scotsman, it's just plain "whisky."

>    b) There is no letter "e" in Scotch whisky; it appears only in
>    American and Irish whiskey.

And I thought Don Ingle would be the first to catch this!
Please note that Tom spelled it "correctly" in a post he sent later.

>    c) I would be extremely grateful if Tom could tell me where in
>    America I can buy a bottle of decent single malt for $10...

Recently, I spent $10 for a single serving of Lagavulin at a local club.
It was worth it to hear a fellow list mate playing OKOM there that night.

Love and hugs,
Nancy