[Dixielandjazz] grants needed

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Sun Sep 7 20:10:45 PDT 2003

I have a friend who has in his possession, a massive collection of great
jazz artist's recordings that have never been released.  These consist of
live performances and jam sessions carefully recorded of just about all the
guys playing in LA in the 70s from Barney Bigard tand Cat Anderson.to Shelly
Manne and Frank Rosolino.

These tapes need to be preserved and distributed in a manner that would
financially reward the musicians or their heirs.  Your suggestions on this
topic for getting private or public funding would be most appreciated.  We
are talking about 100s of hours of tape here and what appears to be a huge
untapped source of wonderful music.  Please contact me off list with your
suggestions.

Thank you,

Dick Broadie