[Dixielandjazz] Re: Turk Murphy - Southern Stomps; Carnegie Hall

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 1 11:57:19 PDT 2003

>Hi,
>My father is a long time Turk Murphy fan and is in search of the entire CD
>version of the 1987 Carnegie Hall Tribute concert.  An internet search has
>brought me to a message you wrote on Jan 23, 2003.  Do you know of the album
>I'm looking for?
>
>Thank you,
>
>Bryan
**------------------------------------------------------------------------**
Bryan and DJML--
     Jazz Jerry just listed the contents of the "Southern Stomps" CD,
which was the reference from January 23, 2003, but you said you
wanted "entire CD version of the 1987 Carnegie Hall Tribute concert".
It doesn't appear that the "Southern Stomps" CD has the entire
concert.
     The LP of the concert was released by Stomp Off Records as S.O.S.
1155, recorded live in New York City at Carnegie Hall on January 10,
1987 (Tommy Loy, recording engineer).  In addition to the Turk Murphy
songs, it includes two songs by the Jim Cullum Jazz Band and four
songs by the Hot Antic Jazz Band.
     I was able to buy this LP after some searching on the internet,
but it may not be available any longer that way.  I located it on the
www.gemm.com website.  Good luck.

     Dan