[Dixielandjazz] gibson banjo

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Fri Oct 31 11:05:00 PST 2003

I know little about banjos, but looks like I'll be carting one back with
me from Indiana in a few weeks time.  I've opted not to bring my
Mother's 1924 Martin guitar back to Spain with me at the moment (need a
proper case for it!), but she insists I bring her (smaller) Gibson
Cobrahead tenor banjo.  Any idea of the value of such an instrument?
She bought it years ago when it was auctioned off from someone's
belongings after they passed away, so it could be ancient.

Jim