[Dixielandjazz] Triple Negative was Double negatives

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Thu Oct 30 15:11:46 PST 2003

Did we ever get to "Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby?" (not exactly a
double negative but certainly an interesting sentence.)

Some other very interesting questioning OKOM and non-OKOM song titles:

What Will We Do on a Dew, Dew, Dewy Day?
Who Put the Overalls In Mrs. Murphy's Chowder?
(or Who Put the Benzedrine In Mrs. Murphy's Ovaltine?)
What's the Use of Getting Sober (When You're Gonna get Drunk Again?)
I Wonder Who is Kissing Her Now? (What's a "Now, anyway?")
Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight?
How Can You Believe Me When I Say I Love You When You Know I've Been A
Liar All My Life? (maybe not a real song)

any other good ones?

Dave Richoux