[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jim Hawthorne

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:46:35 PST 2003

Hi Brother Don,

>Back home, are you? Did you leave any single malt left in Britain?

I left a wee drop for you, Donald, in case you should find yourself abroad
and in need of sustenance.

>Ask Bob Romans if he recalls Pete Smyth (sic) who did a show on local
>Denver
>station set in a fictional (for the show) mining town of Tin Cup, CO (that
>actully did exist as a ghost town).It was sort of a less hetic Hawthorne
>styled show with fictional sidekicks,

Bob will read your message and, I'm sure he will recall a program such as
the one you describe.

By the way, Hawthorne is certainly no stranger to you. Your dad made a
memorable record of "Serutan Yob" (Nature Boy spelt backwards with an "s")
and it featured Hawthorne on the recitativo. Brilliant! You, of course,
already know that Red was a genius! I only mention this so that everyone on
the DJML will stand in awe of greatness.

Warmest regards and respectfully submitted,

Bill "Skippy" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com