[Dixielandjazz] Double negatives

Rev M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 29 10:22:02 PST 2003

I'm reminded of a joke I will try to recall correctly enough to be funny:

A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class on the use of negatives and positives, saying: "There are some languages, as in English, where two negatives make a positive, and some in which a negative and a positive equate to a positive, depending on the syntax.  But in no known language do two positives equate to a negative."  Just then, a hand raised in the back of the room, and the student stood up and said: "Yeah, right!",

--
Etc,

Rev M J "Mike" Logsdon, Deacon
http://www.naorc.org