[Dixielandjazz] East Tincup, Colorado

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 12:10:05 PST 2003

My sister-in-law graduated from Campion but it would have been around 1961.
We had a terrific theater program at LHS.  It was a new school with a
wonderful theater facility.  I was hired to develop the program and pretty
much given carte blanche.  It was an exciting time and we developed some
terrific talent.  I used several of my former students in my professional
theater operations later on.
It was a beautiful city but I doubt you would recognize it anymore.  Fort
Collins-Loveland has become a large city with the attendant problems. Even
Berthoud has subdivisions now.
Colorado has had such unrestrained growth that the state is rapidly losing
all of  the reasons why people wanted to live here.
I live in Georgetown and because of its designation as a National Historic
Registry town it is very difficult for the town to be changed which is good.
I see you now live in Pat Yankee's old hometown.  Pat has always been one of
my favorite people and we talk on the phone with regularity.
Best,
Bill