[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jim Hawthorne

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 27 15:10:42 PST 2003

SNIPPET
"The other late hour listen was Jim Hawthorn's show out of Pasadena -- or
PasaHogen as his later ego Skippy would say. But then, here I go, dating
myself again."

Hawthorne ended up here in Denver where he gm'ed KOA radio and tv for a
number of years.  We became acquainted and Jim asked me to put together a TV
show that would bear some resemblance to his old radio show.  Something with
the same zany quality.  He had the money from the station which was owned by
GE at the time.  About the time I got a script done GE sold the station and
the new owners weren't interested. Such is life in the glamour and tinsel
world..
The last I heard of Jim he was running an antique store with his daughter on
Broadway here in Denver.

He has a web site at:

http://members.tripod.com/pagehogan/menu.html

Best,