[Dixielandjazz] NewThread: N u m b e r s G a m e

Burt Wilson futurecon at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 27 09:33:25 PST 2003

Don--

You mean you weren't listening to Huggie Boy and the Squeakin' Deacon
playing "Gee" by The Crows! Speaking of Steve Allen, my band was playing a
roadhouse near Lake Tahoe in 1950 and when the job ended at Midnight, we'd
all go upstairs to someone's room and listen to Steve.
"Yes, get on over to Save-on and get this lamp with an unbreakable base.
(Crash) Well I'll be, it IS unbreakable." KNX cut thorugh the mountain air
loud and clear. Later, in the army, I would catch KNX's "Music 'til Dawn"
in Colorado Springs.

Burt Wilson

Bambridge,