[Dixielandjazz] Re: Cinderella Girl

Sam Meerkin/Evelyne Perks smeerkin at melbpc.org.au
Fri Oct 24 17:32:00 PDT 2003

Richard Cochrane of the Netherlands enquired on the DJML about the song,
"Cinderella girl" written by the late Dave Dallwitz.  Dave died earlier this
year while watching the Academy Awards on TV ( they must have been bad).  He
was a great exponent of OKOM and a significant composer/artist in Australian
jazz history (the visual arts too).  He was 89 and a little forgetful, but
he sent updated words to Bill Kerr, the leader of the Wombat Jazz Band
www.wombatjazzband.com  shortly before he died.  I'm attempting to get those
words for you & will forward those ASAP.  They are quite delightful as is
the melody.
Best wishes,
 Sam Meerkin.