[Dixielandjazz] Joanie Mitchell?

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Thu Oct 23 19:56:42 PDT 2003

At 01:39 PM 10/23/2003 -0500, Harold Smith wrote:
>There was a Joanie James at that time who had
>several hits, none of which I recall, but who was a reasonably
>nice-to-listen-to singer.

Joanie James also had a hit reviving a nice 1934 tune, "There goes my heart".

A few years earlier, the tune was revived by Julia Lee, who, as she was
wont to do, made significant revisions to the melody, which gives vocalists
a nice choice of treatments. Except I haven't found it on CD, unless it's
on the Bear set--it's not in the JSP set, so probably in her more popular
period.

--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
Compiler: "Dixieland FB" (Bb, C); "30S-40S FB (Bb, C)"; "Gig Book"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
http://americanmusiccaravan.com (Fake Books, Chord Books, Bands)
eMail: dwlit at cpcug.org