[Dixielandjazz] Why Don't You Believe Me

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Thu Oct 23 19:22:38 PDT 2003

Here you are :

Why Don't You Believe Me?

-Artist: Joni James as sung on "Joni James- Why Don't You Believe Me?"
-Eclipse 05471992
-peak Billboard position # 1 for 6 weeks in 1952
-competing versions charted by Patti Page (#4) and Margaret Whiting (#29)
-later charted by The Duprees at # 37 in 1963
-Words and Music by Lew Douglas, King Laney, and Roy Rodde

Why don't you believe me?, it's you I adore
Forever and ever, can I promise more?
I've told you so often the way that I care
Why don't you believe me?, it just isn't fair

CHORUS
Here is a heart that is lonely
Here is a heart you can take
Here is a heart for you only
That you can keep or break

How else can I tell you, what more can I do?
Why don't you believe me?, I love only you

REPEAT from CHORUS

John Farrell