[Dixielandjazz] Maxine Daniels RIP

john petters jpettjazz at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 21 23:12:00 PDT 2003

I am very sorry to have to reoprt that one of the UK's top jazz and popular
vocalists, Miss Maxiene Daniels passed away yesterday.

I worked regularly with Maxine from the mid '80s and she was in my touring
show Swinging Down Memory Lane with the late George Chisholm OBE. We had
great fun on the road. She was always the true professional, never big time,
always with a great sense of humour. Her voice, similar to Rosemary
Clooney's, was rich and strong and her approach to the classic American
Songbook material has seldom been equalled by non American Artistes.
John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ
www.traditional-jazz.com