[Dixielandjazz] The Latest on Mr. Five Foot Two

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 15:03:32 PDT 2003

     This is Brett Boyd. Please forgive me for the last post---I was just
>using my little and "odd" sense of humor with that Five Foot Two thing. I
>know of
>only 1 verse actually to Five Foot Two and I have heard that song one too
>many
>times when I was once a member of a banjo band. Please forgive me if I post
>crazy little post every now and then----it's my strange little sense of
>humor. And yes I'm so thrilled to be performing with Dan Levinson's "SONS
>OF ROSY".
>Dan is such a nice guy and I'm very honored to be playing with him and his
>band. The material that the "Eleven Sons Of Rosy" plays is so wonderful and
>obscure----but good obscure--!!!! When I get more information I'll post it.
>
>                                                 -Brett Boyd :)

Dear Brett,

Thanks for your wonderful letter. Your eloquence and obvious talent has
certainly captivated the DJML.

I have been enjoying your humor and wit for a whlie now and while some might
consider it arrogant and puerile, I, on the other hand, recognize a true
master of irony and satire.

Keep up the good work and I'm sure it would please us if you would tell us a
little more about yourself.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com