[Dixielandjazz] Rod Stewart

Trumpetom at aol.com Trumpetom at aol.com
Sat Oct 18 15:19:27 PDT 2003

Certainly his talents are not apparent to us, and perhaps the product is
inappropriate. BUT he's got image, connections, & bookings. Probably Stewart's
income in music exceeds the  music income of the entire DJML. Bless him, he
probably pays lotsa U.S. taxes for his gigs too (also royalties)!

His entertaining skill to me is perhaps equal to a few singers I know (the
ones who are girlfriends or wives of the bandleader).

I don't plan to buy any of his recordings; not likely he will buy any of our
product either (royalties or not). Go figure! Life ain't fair. I'm going to
play a gig tonight that will pay enough to buy half of a ticket to one of
Stewart's concerts.

Tom Loeb