[Dixielandjazz] Whites saved the blues

Rob McCallum rakmccallum at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:04:09 PDT 2003

Hello all,

IMHO this is the most intelligent thing that Stanley Crouch has ever
written.  Usually I find him to be an over bearing, over general windbag who
doesn't think objectively in the least and doesn't know nearly as much about
jazz as he thinks he does.  I suppose that's the way with 99% of the so
called jazz "critics."

All the best,
Rob McCallum