[Dixielandjazz] Sittin' In

Vachesr at aol.com Vachesr at aol.com
Sun Oct 12 12:27:32 PDT 2003

Greetings.  Gates  (as  we  ancient  swingsters used to  say).   I  have been
 following  the  discussion  and  comments  regarding  the  time-honored jazz
 tradition  of  "sitting in," and  I  would  like to  suggest  that
you   refer  to my biography  of drummer  Johny  Blowers,  "Back  Beats  and
Rim Shots"  (Scarecrow  Press),  Chapter  4,  "New  York  at  Last,"
page  71.   I think  a  few minutes  reading  about  John's  experience  will
settle  the question.  Oh, by  the  way,  my  latest book, due  out  later
this  year, or early 2004,  is  "Sittin'  In With  Chris  Griffin."  Need  I
say  more?