[Dixielandjazz] drums for a sit in at the pub in England

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 20:58:44 PDT 2003

Hi Pat,

Regarding drums . . .

I wrote:

>`The lack of a drum kit is a minor problem. A possible solution would be
>for
>Pat to
>bring along his snare drum and a stand and a pair of sticks/brushes. He can
>have it set up in a moment or two and put over in a corner until the
>DJMLers
>come up to play. He can use my splash cymbal which will already be there
>and
>perhaps at some point Pat and I could swap 4s on a chorus.`

You replied:

>Sounds good to me if is is generally acceptable. As for swapping fours....
>have been severely unemployed and out of practice for the last 2 years...
>make it 4 bars on the end.

I respond . . .

What's the big deal? Just count to four and hit something (preferably the
band leader).

By the way . . . I can definitely relate to being severely unemployed. I've
been out of the gainful employment loop for at least 20 years.  Then to
compound the indignity, I have tried to fill the financial void by taking a
job with a dixieland band.  Big mistake.

Oh well, the fun has been worth the pecuniary loss.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Who cares about food on the table?" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com