[Dixielandjazz] Could Chet Baker get lost?

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Fri Oct 10 09:22:00 PDT 2003

Jimmy, et al:
I am curious. If Baker was in a service band while in the military, what did
he play? Drums, librarian, gofor?
All the service bands I ever knew of had players that HAD to read, and
everything I read says Baker was NOT a reader. So, what did he do while in
uniform?
I agree -- he was  marvel at jazz improv -- and his was another all too sad
"What If"  story.
Don Ingle