[Dixielandjazz] Chet Baker

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Wed Oct 8 16:13:25 PDT 2003

Jack Sheldon told me years ago that he would practice a new tune for hours
and then blow it for Chet.  Chet would listen to a chorus or two and then
say "Do you mean like this?" and then blow Jack off the stand.  Jack
indicated he discovered the true meaning of humility when ever Chet was
around.
With that infinite talent that was Chet's, what a shame that it was attached
to such a screwed up individual.    Dick Broadie