[Dixielandjazz] Yerba Buena Stomperes

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 18:38:20 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Brett Boyd wrote:

>  I'm not sure how many of you have heard the Yerba Buena Stompers. It is a
band that records on the STOMP OFF label. It's a great band that trys to
recreate the music of the Lu Watters' Yerba Buena Jazz Band. They have
released 3
cd's to my knowledge but I was wondering if anyone knows any information on
the upcoming cd's they will be making. I read that they have signed to make
6
albums. If anyone has any info on the next couple cd's, please post it on
DJML
or let me know! Thank you!
                                       -Brett Boyd

I can give you a URL  . . .

http://www.riverwalk.org/profiles/yerba.htm

Which contains information on the band. You will notice some of the most
respected musicians on the west coast (Clint Baker, Marty Eggers, Leon
Oakley, John Gill, etc). These guys have paid their dues and are as
articulate a group for the Lu Watters/Turk Murphy sound as you can find
anywhere.

I have no idea what their schedule is for recording future CDs but I can
guarantee that any recording by these guys will be exceptional! Check the
web site listed above for further information.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "San Francisco Sound" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com

ps - "Yerba Buena" translated into English means "Good Yerba!"