[Dixielandjazz] Reply to Robin Tabbert Sotelo

Donna Lee donna at leewayneshannon.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 15:56:17 PDT 2003

Dear Robin,

I happened to see your reply to a note about the QCJB on the internet.  I played piano with your Dad in the QCJB from the beginning--1954, I think, when we first met and started to try to form a band, through 1958, when I left to go to graduate school at Cornell.  I knew him very well and liked him a lot.  I recently acquired a pretty rare 1958 jam session with Monte, Jack Vastine, Bob Hodes, me, and others. that you might like to hear.  I won't write much now, because I may not reach you on this address.  I live in the UK now, but visit Cincinnati once or more a year.  Write back if you are interested.  I remember you as a very little girl.

Wayne Shannon