[Dixielandjazz] Le Petit Jazzband de Mr. Morel

Hans Koert koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Tue Oct 7 09:32:19 PDT 2003

Brian: Some of my favorite bands are from France, for example  "Paris Washboard" "Hot Antic". Charquet and Co was a terrific outfit and the Anachronic were superb.  A shame the two latter bands are no longer performing.

Mind, Brian, that, Jean-Pierre "Charquet" Morel has founded a new band, a re-make (?) of the Charquet. I've seen them performing and it was very very hot.
They made three CDs up to now:

Le Petit Jazzband de Mr. Morel: - Farewell Blues (LPJ001)

Le Petit Jazzband de Mr. Morel: - Delta Bound (Stomp Off CD 1344)

Le Petit Jazzband de Mr. Morel: - Au Petit Journal Saint Michel (Stomp Off CD 1362)

Keep swinging

Hans Koert

El Redescubrimiento de Oscar Alemán (The rediscovery of Oscar Alemán)
www.people.zeelandnet.nl/koerthchkz