[Dixielandjazz] Take Me Out To The Ball Game

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Mon Oct 6 08:24:13 PDT 2003

As a Chicago born,northsider, age babe to 10, the Cubs have long been my
National League team. From my mother's side of Michiganders, the Tigers have
also been my American League guys. This year it is clear that something is
wrong. The Tiger are in the tank, and the Cubbies -- well as I said
something is wrong -- the Cubbies are contending and winning with such
regularity as to make one wonder what they are putting in the hot dogs at
Wrigley. Winning?
Contending? What kind  of tradition busting is going on.
What's next -- a Republican mayor in the Windy?
Don (the 1111 Club was under the L and the best little candy shop on Bryn
Marr was next door where a nickle would buy a bag of little candy dots on a
roll of paper in the '30's) Ingle.