[dixielandjazz] re: anachronic jazz band

Hans Koert koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Oct 5 08:29:23 PDT 2003

David wondered:

I went searching for the Anachronic Jazz Band, whom I have sometimes heard
on speciaist radio programmes in the UK, but would love to have a record.
Does anybody know if anything is still available?

One of the LPs was on CAL 30 622 from 1978.
I agree, David, that this band was something special. I'd love to have a CD
of CDR from them too. I learned that they started as a "musical joke"
(playing "modern - bebop tunes in the OKOM style) and stopped playing after
some years although they had a lot of success

If you get any information about this band please forward it to me.

CDs for sale - ask for Excel-file
koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl

Keep swinging

Hans Koert