[Dixielandjazz] Welcome Mike & Catchy Names

Tom Wood zenith at ans.com.au
Sun Oct 5 11:53:53 PDT 2003

Hi Listers,

Welcome to Mike Durham.  I think the last time we met was on a ship either going or returning from the Isle of Man Jazz Festival in UK (or is it still only the British Isles - with its own stamps and currency?).  I can reiterate for our USA friends that your Whitley Bay Jazz Festival is great and well worth a visit.  Bob Romans, Bob Ringwald, Brian Towers and Bill Gunter please note for future possible playing reference.  We had Monty Sunshine playing with the band when we visited there a few years ago.

The Mardi-Grasmarket which kicks off the Edinburgh Jazz Festival each year is held in the old centre town tourist attraction area in the Grassmarket just behind and below the Castle.  So the combination of Grassmarket and Mardi Gras augers well as a possible new word for the jazz community.  If interested you can click onto our audience at that Mardi-Grasmarket venue this year [thanks for keeping the Zenith a parking spot Norrie (Thomson)] by visiting www.ans.com.au/~zenith  and scrolling down the icons to Current October/November Newsletter then clicking onto the front page with its photograph!

Cheers,
Tom
zenith at ans.com.au
www.ans.com.au/~zenith

PS
For those who may not know and have trouble reaching the site - the wavey horizontal line in the website address, usually top left on the keyboard, is called "tilda".