[Dixielandjazz] Band Name Changes

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 4 20:52:52 PDT 2003

Rocky Ball writes:

>No question about it... for years I've thought we should call ourselves
>"The
>Dicks of Dukesyland"

This one is slightly on the vulgar side, but a few years back at one of the
Sacramento Jazz Society's annual youth jazz camp, the individual bands that
were organized for the camp created their own band names.

One clever band came up with:

The Suck My Dixie Jazz Band.

The name was axed by the camp directors right away.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Hey, I just report it, I didn't make it up" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com