[Dixielandjazz] portable amp

Trumpetom at aol.com Trumpetom at aol.com
Sat Oct 4 12:13:14 PDT 2003

I use a Carvin stage mate. I bought the dual battery option. Used it on a
couple 3-hour street gigs. One was for string bass & vocal/announce, the other
keyboard & banjo/announce. 4 inuts, 60 watt rating. 10" speaker plus a horn
speaker. It delivers loads of good quality volume; it did not run out of battery
power. It's a little heavy to carry around because of the batteries inside. I
use a small hand truck.

I have also used it with an extension speaker (amp was plugged into a wall
socket for power). Configured that way it served well outdoors for an picnic
event with at least 200 people. I have not checked battery life with the extra
speaker. <A HREF="www.carvin.com">www.carvin.com</A>
I have no connection with that company, just a satisfied customer.

Tom Loeb
California