[Dixielandjazz] Customer Requests

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Fri Oct 3 17:57:30 PDT 2003

I've related this one on DJML before but I think it bears repeating:

When I lived in Los Angeles I led the Great Pacific Jazz Band.  In the band,
Jack Wadsworth played bass sax.  He had a big, beautiful bass sax in perfect
condition.  Gawd only knows how many thousands of dollars it was worth.

One afternoon we were playing the Poolside venue at the Los Angeles Sweet &
Hot festival.  A customer came up & requested "Big Noise From Wenetka."

I had an instant picture in my mind of our drummer Ray Templin, beating the
crap out of that beautiful bass sax with his drum sticks.

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA, USA, Earth, Sol's System, Milky Way
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See: http://www.ringwald.com
Boondockers Jazz & Comedy Band