[Dixielandjazz] Exciting Upcoming Events - FYI

mikemarois at hirelivemusicians.com mikemarois at hirelivemusicians.com
Fri Oct 3 13:38:50 PDT 2003

Hello List;

I wanted to let everyone know that I will be performing with a group comprised of my friends that I have performed with over the years of my professional music career. Mark your calendars for:

October 25, 2003 - An informal rehearsal/jam session at Evangeline's, 4501 Toulouse St. (Mid-City), New Orleans, LA. Phone# 504-482-9288. The session will kick off late afternoon/early evening and who knows how long it will go for. It's been a few years since I seen some of these guys so we could jam all night.

October 26, 2003 - A set at the New Orleans Jazz Club. It was 20 years ago this month that my Grandfather, Papa Jac Assunto, my father, George Marois, and I performed on the stage of the N.O.J.C. and it was the last time Papa Jac played at the jazz club before he past away.  To mark the occation, I've decided to get a group of my professional musician buddies, who have always been like brothers to me, and perform at the Jazz Club. The club is meeting at the top of the Best Western - Landmark Hotel in Metairie LA. Here's their link if you need more information about the place:
http://www.nolahotels.com/landmarkbw/rates.html
The Jazz Club will be holding it's meeting from 1pm-5pm in the ballroom at the very top of the hotel. We'll perform a set somewhere within that 4 hour time frame. It should quite the event, we might even have some of the Original Dukes come by and maybe a guest singer whose a relative of mine.

Hope to see some of you at either or both of these exciting upcoming events.

Mike Marois
tuba/computer Guru