[Dixielandjazz] Leadbelly: Huddie William Ledbetter

TBW504 at aol.com TBW504 at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 10:38:04 PDT 2003

I noticed a mention of Leadbelly on the DJML recently. Whilst it is of no
real concern to me I thought I should mention that "Lead Belly" is the preferred
style according to the The Lead Belly Society, and "Huddie" is pronounced like
"Judy" if you want to be pedantic. They (The L B Society) used to publish a
newsletter four times a year but I haven't had a copy for a couple of years. A
search of the web fails to reveal they have a website. Final thought: He died,
penniless, of Lou Gehrig's disease, a mere six months before the Weavers
scored a million-selling hit with his signature song, 'Goodnight Irene'..."
Brian Wood