FW: [Dixielandjazz] Re: portable PA-more info

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Fri Oct 3 15:19:32 PDT 2003

I mentioned the other day some small, amplified speakers I use.  They
are not battery operated, though.

They are Montarbo (Italy) 80W, and have 1 mic input & 2 line input, plus
an output.
Their bigger brother is the 360W set, which has 1 mic/1line in, plus an
output.  Both are amplified, not expensive, and extremely clear.  The
quality of sound is a real surprise!

http://www.montarbo.it

I see they've discontinued the 360W ones I have, but the MP4 looks very
interesting.  Has an on-board 4 channel mixer & reverb unit!

I use a preamp/reverb unit going into the line input of the speakers,
just to have a bit of reverb blended in, and to have volume control at
my fingertips.  In some clubs I use one of the small speakers in front
of the brass for a monitor.  In others, I use both small ones, or both
large ones (on stands) for amplification.  Work fine behind the band,
with no feedback.  The two big ones, stands, trombone, gig bag,
keyboard, pianist's bag, stand for keyboard, CD's, mic stands...all fit
in the back of my Ford Sierra.

Jim