[Dixielandjazz] Re: portable PA-more info

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 3 20:18:54 PDT 2003

Dear Meg,
I pulled up Google, typed in - Fender, amp can - and up it came.
We need something like that for our little band instead of the heavy and large gear we have.
Fortunately we can leave it all at the pub.
For other gigs we take our singer Sunni's portable amp.
Unfortunately, it is not battery operated, so there is a problem if power is a long way from the 'stage' area.
I note that the 'amp can" can be used for guitar OR bass plus vocals.
Which is usually all we need. Bass, vocal and maybe a lift for low register clarinet solos.
I will be checking the availability of the 'amp can' here in Sydney.
Very kind regards,
Bill.