[Dixielandjazz] Blues - Night 2

Texasjazzlover rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net
Thu Oct 2 08:55:02 PDT 2003

<snip>

I agree with most of what you've said about Parts 2 and 3. I can't believe
that the white bands in Part 2 were the best representatives they could find
-- I hope not! They're not keeping the blues alive so much as killing it
mercilessly.
<snip>

I have been intrigued at how the sounds of Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler
are reflective of those early blues players.  One of the clips was of Cream
and that is the band Eric Clapton started with.  I think those examples only
show the influence on later musicians, even the "rockers" of today.

Rebecca Thompson