[Dixielandjazz] The blues over last night's 'Blues.'

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Wed Oct 1 17:34:23 PDT 2003

From: "Jim Beebe" <jbeebe at centurytel.net>
>   "... Where is Ken Burns when we need him?  Or even Wynton
>   Marsalis and his cronies who mucked up Ken Burns' Jazz series.
>   Certainly any of them could do a better job with this Blues' presentation.
>   How many minutes did the camera guy linger on the fat woman shaking
>   her behind.? That was excruciating...
>   ...On the plus side there were good sections on BB King. Interesting
>   history and interviews with him. Plus performance shots. This is the way
>   the whole show should be...

Jim and Tom,

I agree with most of what you've said about Parts 2 and 3. I can't believe
that the white bands in Part 2 were the best representatives they could find
-- I hope not! They're not keeping the blues alive so much as killing it
mercilessly.

The B.B. King parts were great! I wish the whole show was done like that.

As for the woman shaking her behind: Well, there was no warning saying, "Do
not try this at home," and since I was quite fascinated by this, I am giving
it my best shot, just for fun and exercise. LOL.

Love and hugs,
Nancy