[Dixielandjazz] Re: Alan Greenspan & Henry Jerome Band.

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 30 18:40:57 PST 2003

Yes, merely a coincidence. Would have been much too spooky otherwise. ;-)

The pianist is Al Haig, a be-bop jazzer who gigged with Dizzy Gillespie and
others. NOT the Secretary of State, General Al (I'm in charge here) Haig. Some
coincidence eh?

This Al Haig who played piano with the Henry Jerome Orch, then at Leonard
Garment's wedding, also gigged with Bird & Diz and other boppers, and along the
way was called "the perfect pianist" by Bud Powell.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Bill Biffle wrote: (about the tie between Nixon, Greenspan, Garment and . . .
(Haig? NOT)