Fw: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Art & Jazz & Audience

Tom Wood zenith at ans.com.au
Sat Nov 29 17:05:44 PST 2003

Hello List mates,

Lets up the stakes a bit :-) and say James Morrison, Australia's number one
trumpet player and highest earning multi-million dollar jazz musician had
the largest audience in the world when he opened the Sydney 2000 Olympic
Games on TV with about a Six Billion (or was it more?) audience playing his
own composition of the Australian National Anthem and hitting the highest
notes of any trumpet player (a gimmick for which he is famed).  He was in
the news again today causing an international incident by playing the wrong
anthem for the Spanish at the Davis Cup tennis match!!  The Spanish
threatened to walk off and demanded an apology from Australia.  Definite
jazz content with politics as well. :>)

Cheers
Tom Wood