[Dixielandjazz] Re: Art & Jazz & Audience

Steven Holzer slholzer at iquest.net
Fri Nov 28 13:37:38 PST 2003

The fact that Vincent Van Gogh's audience was late in developing does
not change the fact that he ultimately had one. A person who considers
himslf an "artist" may certainly do so on the strength of his own
reaction to his own work. The true significance of the "artist",
however, will only be known when the effect of his work on a wider
audience can be gauged.