[Dixielandjazz] Soft (as opposed to loud)

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 26 12:37:33 PST 2003

Jazzjerry at aol.com wrote:

>    In a message dated 26/11/03 3:24:11 pm, barbonestreet at earthlink.net
> writes:
>
> > you hear a mixture of the Carpenters' sad pop ballads, the
> > tragic-sounding
> > rubato feeling of Flamenco, gospel chords and jazz chromaticism.
>
> Wow - music to commit suicide to! Also maybe the reason why I avoid
> churches
> and nightclubs with equal enthusiasm! ;-)

Ha Ha, I hear you man, but for some lively, sometimes loud, but always
cheerful music (except for "Black & Blue", or "St James Infirmary",
etc.) come to the night club listed below: Barbone Street Jazz Band will
be there and we expect a full house, mostly young (under 50 years old)
audience.

DEC 12 (FRI) Club ViVA - 901 Hill Avenue, Wyomissing PA 610-685-JAZZ 10
PM to 1 AM. $5 Music charge. Beautiful, large, new, Jazz Club near
Reading PA. Dinner available too, along with dancing. This is our return
engagement after their grand opening at which we performed in October.
Capacity 300 plus.

Cheers,
Steve