[Dixielandjazz] Re: Posting problem with DJML

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 25 08:11:10 PST 2003

Dear Dave (DJML Assistant Moderator),
Thank you for your concern regarding my latest email problems.
My original address included 'nsw', which are the initials of the Australian
state I live in - New South Wales. My national Telecom ISP dropped the 'nsw'
(and all state initials) several years ago, but created an alias to cover
both versions of the address.
With my new computer is seems that this may no longer apply.
Yes, please use:
   bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Very kind regards,
Bill.
PS: I will send a copy of this message to the DJML so that members can amend
my old address in their address books.

__________________________
Copy of the Message from Dave Haupt
Hi Bill,

I see over the weekend you encountered some problems
posting to DJML.

You are subscribed to the list as

 bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au

But your postings come from bhaesler at bigpond.net.au.

To the DJML software, those are different email
addresses.  As a result, your postings get caught by
the software and I have to manually approve them.

If these are simply alternate forms of an email
address that goes to the same place, I can remove the
email address with "nsw" in it, and replace with the
one without - then your posts don't need approval.

I can also add the second email address, but on
vacation hold.  That way you can post from it, and
still receive DJML at the other address, in the event
that they are actually two separate email addresses.

Let me know what you'd like to do.

Kind regards,

Dave Haupt
DJML Assistant Moderator