[Dixielandjazz] Banu in New Orleans

Thompson rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net
Wed Nov 26 08:46:42 PST 2003

I never hear Banu mentioned on DJML.  Personally I enjoy watching her and
hearing her perform.  Just wish we could be in New Orleans this weekend for
this concert!

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX

****From "Off Beat", a magazine published in New Orleans.
In October, New Orleans chanteuse Banu Gibson was in the audience for
clarinetist/filmmaker Woody Allen's gig at the Café Carlyle in New York.

During his set, Woody asked Banu to join him on stage, declaring "You sound
great" and she politely did not refuse, singing "I Can't Believe You're In
Love With Me," "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" and "Nobody Knows You
When You're Down and Out."

Afterwards, Woody confided to Banu that her albums are always in rotation on
his home CD player.

On November 30 at 6 p.m., Banu will sing selections from her latest CD of
Johnny Mercer favorites at Le Chat Noir. Sensational and immortal artist Al
Hirschfeld created the cover for this sensational disc. Banu's accompanists
at Le Chat Noir will be pianist John Sheridan, bassist Bill Huntington and
drummer Jeff Hamilton.
Banuologists should examine www.banugibson.com.