[Dixielandjazz] Uptown Lowdown, and a pet peeve

Meg Graf meggraf at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:50:28 PST 2003

Hello, listmates,

Traditional Jazz Society of Oregon [TJSO] is proud to host Uptown Lowdown
Jazz Band
of Seattle at our next monthly session.  If you are in or travelling through
the Pacific Northwest,
please come enjoy the afternoon with this most stellar group.

Location:  Eagles on the Green, 1375 Irving Road, Eugene, Oregon, USA
Date and time:  December 7, 12:00 to 5:30 P.M.
Restaurant, bar, capacious dance floor.
Admission:  $7.00; no fee for musicians who sign in to play on jam sets.

On the topic of pet peeves, I agree with Tom Loeb.  I have another peeve
probably not shared by
many.  I play bass -- bass sax, that is.  Often the person putting together
a set will put me on
stage along with another bass instrument -- string bass, electric bass,
tuba...  and I feel like the
proverbial fifth wheel.   I won't step on the other bass player's toes by
playing a bass line, I
am not needed as a front-line player, so mostly I sit there and feel dumb
and useless!

Best regards,
Meg and Big George