[Dixielandjazz] Too loud!

Norrie Thomson jnt at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 19:13:31 PST 2003

I agree with Brian.  As the organiser of a jazz club I am also frustrated by
the volume of some bands and especially bass players who have 'promoted'
this instrument to the front line.  On one occasion a band leader asked me
to record his session.  At the first interval he asked me how it was going.
I told him the bass was too loud.  On mentioning this, the bass player said
that it was the bass drum and not the bass.

In most pub situations all that is really needed is a voice mike.

Norrie

Norrie Thomson
Edinburgh
Scotland