[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Tribute bands - was ODJB

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 10:04:33 PST 2003

That's not exactly what I'm talking about John. You proved my point. Do  a
tribute, people will come. In a single shot, or festival date. But try and do
continuing club date with "tribute" format. The mass audience will not be there
for you on a continuing basis.

And I'm talking about re-creation, not, for example, using Sinatra's name to
draw people. "Retro garbage" is very different from a John Petters Band playing
"Fly Me To The Moon".

Cheers,
Steve