[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 11, Issue 46

Andy Cooper andy_cooper at chatter.com
Tue Nov 18 06:09:27 PST 2003

Mike writes:
>Shakespeare said "There is nothing new under the
>sun" and he knew what he was talking about, so we can project from that
>that new "ideas" are new combinations of what went before.

Actually, good old William PLAGIRARIZED this from the Old Testament - King
Solomon in the book of Ecclesiastes (about 900 BC) - Eccl. 1:9-10

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there
is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say
'Look! This is something new'? It was here already, long ago; it was here
before our time."

--- From the desk of --- Andrew R. Cooper