[Dixielandjazz] ODJB & Humph

TBW504 at aol.com TBW504 at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 13:18:50 PST 2003

For the most succinct commentary on the significance (or lack of it) of the
ODJB I commend Humphrey Lyttelton's book "The Best of Jazz". Incidentally, in
the recent postings on jazz cornet and trumpet players I do not seem to have
noticed a reference to Humph. Seems to me that in terms of musical achievement
and sustained level of performance over many years (from 1949 to date) he is
the equal to many of those cited and dare I say the superior to some.
Brian Wood